Sunday, March 1, 2015

First 40 mile week!

It's been a long time coming, but I hit my first 40 mile week since I was deployed a year and a half ago.  I may be slow... real slow, but I hit it.  My wifey and I went and visited Antelope Island for the first time ever, and instantly fell in love with it.  


It is really awesome to have such a natural and wild place so close to the city.  I did an eight mile run here in this awesome state park where I didn't see a single person the whole time.  I did however see 15 bison during my run.


I got a new pair of shoes that I started wearing this week, the Altra Olympus trail running shoes.  It took me quite a bit of time in the store to get over the silly looking wide toe box.  But I got over the looks because of all the praise that I have heard from owners of these shoes.  I have already fallen in love with them, even though I only have 43 miles on them so far.  The wide toe box keeps my feet relaxed while running, and the zero drop really aides me with a more natural stride.  They are especially nice while running down hill because my feet didn't slam against the front of the toe box.


I can't wait to go back out to Antelope Island and go for another fun run in this magical place.  This next week I'm planning to put in 44 miles, and I want to also get a lot more elevation gain than I got this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment